- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (ClinPsyD) – University of East London, 1999
- PhD in Psychology – University of Surrey, 1992
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology – University of Surrey, 1988
Professional Accreditation and Affiliation
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Clinical Psychologist – Reg. No. PYL06104
- Chartered Psychologist and Associate Fellow of The British Psychological Society (BPS) – Reg. No. 30506
- Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH)
- Division of Clinical Psychology and Faculty for Children, Young People and their Families, BPS
- Association of Child Psychologists in Private Practice (ACHIPP)
- British Association of Christians in Psychology (BACIP)
I am a Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years experience of assessing and working therapeutically with a variety of psychological, emotional and behavioural problems impacting on children, young people and adults. I have worked primarily in the NHS but also in research and education. My longest post was with South West London & St. George’s NHS Trust where I worked in child and adolescent mental health services for 15 years and was a Principal Clinical Psychologist in Sutton CAMHS. I started my private practice in 2014 which I now combine with my work in the NHS.
I have a particular interest in anorexia nervosa and bulimia and worked at Great Ormond Street Hospital with children and young people with feeding difficulties and eating disorders. I set up and facilitated a Christian eating disorders support group for adults and helped to develop an outpatient eating disorders clinic for children and young people.
I have delivered training and provided consultation to a range of professionals including GPs, parents and carers, teachers, health visitors, school nurses and social care staff. I have also given lectures and facilitated seminar groups to undergraduates and medical students as part of their Psychology Degree course.
I have considerable experience as professional supervisor to trainee and qualified clinical psychologists and counselling psychologists.
My Way of Working
My approach is to work collaboratively with children, young people and their families to help them make sense of and find ways to overcome emotional and behavioural problems. I use evidence-based psychological therapies tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual. I aim to develop a non-judgmental, non-blaming therapeutic relationship in which everyone involved feels respected, listened to and understood.