I have training in a range of evidence-based models of psychological therapy including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Adolescents (IPT-A), Narrative/Systemic Therapy, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Mentalisation-Based Therapy (MBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I am also accredited to use the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) as part of the assessment of Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
Difficulties I work with include:
- Worry and anxiety (including panic attacks, phobias and obsessions/OCD)
- Depression and low mood
- Adaptation to life events (e.g. the arrival of siblings, divorce, bereavement)
- Low self-esteem
- Eating disorders (anorexia nervosa and bulimia) in children, young people and adults
- Pre-school problems (eg. sleeping, eating, toileting, tantrums)
- School-based difficulties (e.g. peer relationships, attendance, examination anxiety/stress)
- Parenting advice (from birth to adolescence)
- Family/relationship issues
- Behavioural management of ASD and ADHD
If you are experiencing any other difficulties, I would be happy to discuss these with you on the phone to see whether I can help or give you information on where to seek appropriate assistance.